Old July 29th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default TW & AW, plus a win for animals (sort of)

Sherry wrote in
:

On Jul 29, 8:00*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
Story on
Foxnews.comhttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,393102,00.html

DO NOT READ if sensitive, as it is about animal abuse (but they have
arrested a 9 year old and charged him with a FELONY - and he didn't
post bail so he spent the night in jail).
--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to
help her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

/user/mgcmdjeep

That wouldn't have happened here. He would have been released back to
the custody of his parents.
I have to say I'm impressed, although I'm sure others will say he's
too young to be handled in that fashion.
It doesn't say, but it kind of leads the reader to believe he was sent
to regular jail, but I"m thinking likely
it was a juvenile facility.
This is just so disturbing and so frightening on so many levels. A
normal nine year old should have
developed some kind of "normal" empathy and compassion, and obviously
this kid has zero, so something
is bad wrong. It makes you wonder what kind of abuse he would be
mentally and physically able to inflict
on another child? Or after he grows up? I suppose this is a real
turning point for him. He'll either get help
(which he needs)..... or be damaged further and just turn into a
serial killer. Just MO.
I'd be very curious to know whether he has good, decent parents, or
whether he is an absued kid himself.
Not that I want to armchair psycho-analyze, but I just can't stop
wondering what it *is*, which *clicks*, (or
doesn't click) in the brain of a child/person that makes them actually
capable of such a horrible thing.

Sherry

While a 9 year old is so young they _may_ be able to be helped I still
wonder if it is possible. Of course, I have to wonder where the parents
are and what they did to this kid to make him into what he is. This
seems like one of those "no one will win" situations. Can this kid ever
be taught how much pain he (and his friends) inflicted on an innocent but
feeling creature? The thought of any being leaving this earth is such
pain is almost unbearable to me.

Andy