Old July 29th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default TW & AW, plus a win for animals (sort of)

"outsider" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"outsider" wrote in message

While a 9 year old is so young they _may_ be able to be helped I
still wonder if it is possible. Of course, I have to wonder where
the parents are and what they did to this kid to make him into what
he is. This seems like one of those "no one will win" situations.
Can this kid ever be taught how much pain he (and his friends)
inflicted on an innocent but feeling creature? The thought of any
being leaving this earth is such pain is almost unbearable to me.

Andy

I wish this could just be blamed on the parents. I'm sorry but I've
seen enough cases where the kid was messed up no matter what the
parents did right and others where the kid turned out great no matter
what the parents did wrong. That old nature vs. nurture argument, I
guess. I had a child psychiatrist once tell me that he believes in
the "bad seed" theory, where kids are just born evil. After seeing
some of the kids I have, I also believe in it.

Pam S.

I agree, I think of it as a "birth defect" - some people are born
without empathy just like some are born without feet or hands (except
that I count it as a worse handicap).

Hugs,

CatNipped

I do agree but I also think it is very rare. Most cases I see are pretty
clear as to the source. It is suspicous that parents were not even
mentioned in the story. It's pretty disturbing whatever the cause. That
poor cat.

I believe you're right and it is very rare, but does happen, I'm afraid. I
just know that some people don't care about animals and others don't care
about people. Some don't care about either. Unfortunately, they all breed.

Pam S.