Old May 18th 05, 04:48 AM
Rhonda

Aimee, that must be really tough. You are saving one cat, but I'm sure
it's hard to watch the mother.

At least the mother carries on after an amount of time, and you are
saving the kittens for their lifetime.

I don't have trapping advice for you but Megan already gave you good
advice. I just wanted to say to hang in there, and keep trying for the
mother. That's the only way to stop the cycle. If she's stayed around
for 3 years, sounds like she'll be around for awhile yet.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Rhonda

Aimee S wrote:

I am hoping that fellow cat/kitten rescue people have been through what
I've been through.
I have a female feral calico that has had many litters, I can't trap
her, she is to smart for traps. I've brought several of her kittens in
over the past 3 years and got homes for them. But each time I bring
kittens in, they're usually about 3 weeks old I feel so guilty for
taking her babies away, even though I know they will have a better life.
I see her out there looking for her babies.
I just brought a new one in today, she just had one this time, it's
about 4 weeks old now. I see her outside looking for her baby and feel
so bad..
I would just like your thoughts on that, I guess I just want you to help
me to feel better, God knows I want to get her fixed, but she is so
wild, I don't think she's the greatest mother, because it is fairly easy
to get her kittens.
Anyway, thanks for any thoughts on this, and if anyone is going through
this I would love to talk to you, I feel so alone on this.

Aimee