Old March 29th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Crazy Cat in Conn. Ambushes the Avon Lady

Nomen Nescio wrote:
This is a local story, here. So I've seen some news
footage of this "evil killer cat".
Lewis is a big guy and a very handsome kitty.

He did not look particularly big to me. Why do you say that?
To me a big cat would be 15 to 20 pounds of muscle.
I think the owner said he was 10 pounds which is on the small side for
a male or at least routine or normal. My cat is 11 pounds with 1 pound
of fat or so and I would not call her big, medium, not small, not big.
Actually my cat looks like Lewis and well, handsome is not a word I
would use. Ordinary healthy street cat yes, but handsome?

Lewis is a hunter, and quite good at it. The
neighbors have been complaining about his
skill at sending birds, mice, and rats to the RB.
Lewis has been attacked several times by these
neighbors and has come home sprayed with
glue, and covered with oil. People throw things at him,
and spray him with garden hoses. Even after it was
ordered that Lewis be kept indoors, several
people called animal control and demanded that
he be PTS.

Do you remember where you got the above info? I am curious because I
did not read any of that. I read that his owner said he had been
sprayed with water and once pelted with eggs. If he attacks other cats
and dogs, then they might be spraying him to separate the combatants.
Or to keep the cat from attacking someone working in the garden. Hard
to say which came first.

About the PTS, I read the opposite. There have not been any requests to
have him killed. I gather this is because it is a cul-de-sac and
everyone knows each other. I think they will be inclined to sue and
killing the poor beastie defeats that purpose. Maybe defeats it since
that kind of deflates the issue for future jurors? Don't know about
that legal stuff.

In any case, I am curious why the big discrepancy between what I read
and what you post. You are not sharpening your troll claws and making
this up just for your own fun and amusement? This is serious business,
usenet news groups, so behave or Lewis the attack cat will get you.

In any case, I want to read more about Lewis so if you remember the
URLs and this confounding stuff, post it here and I'll retract my claws.