Old July 15th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default What is wrong with the boys?

Victor Martinez wrote:

Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from
work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives"
ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few
slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was
dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not
stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and
retreated a few feet for my own safety.
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What
is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Maybe they want their preservatives?

I've never tried to give my cats ham, but I eat hot dogs sometimes,
and Roxy drives me insane trying to get some. But Licky has never been
interested, and even Smudge is so-so about it. I expect their reactions
would break down the same way to ham, too.

--
Joyce ^..^