Old September 27th 18, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Arrival at the beach, Koh Kood

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Shortly she is teaching many littles, how to braid and weave. They
have many adults who can do that well, but for now, she's keeping
them occupied and teaching them. Quite a few act like it's yarn
and play in it, but that's ok. She has endless patience and they
slowly turn out quite a bit from the local materials.

[A orange kitty dude and a silver striped tabby girl with some calico
coloring teleport ver to the beach and look around The Princess
approaches to offer assistance.]

"Good morning! Are you hear with the Community to help prepare for
the Jellicle Ball?"

"We are indeed! I'z Sammy Redcat, and this is mine sisfur Francesca
da Fierce. We'z are part of a Community catering bizness called
FluffyKitz, and we was wanting to look around at food preparation and
serving areas."

"Welcome, Sammy and Francesca! We have a cave right over here
dedicated to cooking. It has excellent airflow and is recessed into
the cliff face so that it remains comfortable even when many kitties
are cooking. Our local kitties would be honored to provide many of
our local dishes for the Community."

"That would be furry kind! We can also bring along some of our
standard banquet foods and deserts for those Community kitties with
picky systems, and maybe we can provide the local kitties with some
new treats."

Francesca looks around at structures and furnishings.

"Princess, it looks like you have a covered area near the beach. I
assume dat is fur da party? Would you like fur us to plan on kitties
eating under dere as well, or should we bring a tent just fur
serving?"

"I see no reason why guests could not eat at their seats. Our cooking
cave should be adequate for foor preparation, but you might want to
bring along a tent for serving. It does sometimes rain here!"

[Princess]

Iowna waves at Francesca. She doesn't say anything because she's
holding a complex set of vines in her mouth as she weaves 2 of them
with her paws, then swaps with 2 others. She turns back to a young male
tabby (one of the few not Siamese here) and shows him how to make the
next step in the flat french braid. He studies hard.

He is in the running with several girl kittahs who caught on fast, to
make the safety braid on the actual ramp sides to the Temple of Bast!
Iowna had decided that should be made by a local and the best offerings
will be judged by the King. Princess Malee said it matches their
traditions that the younger kittahs hand make special offerings at this
time for the ceremony. It's his last year with the kittens. Next year
he takes an official trade. He dreams of being a master weaver.