Old July 25th 08, 07:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Purrs for Xoxo's dental

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:37:38 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Xoxo is going to TED for a dental first thing Monday morning. Purrs
would be appreciated for our old buddy to have an uneventful cleanup.

Thanks.

Victor

Purrs are on the way! Boy, do I know how you feel!

I was SO upset when my Kenzie was going in for a dental recently!

I specified that they use isoflurane (instead of Ketamine, which is
nasty).

I dropped Kenzie off at 8AM, and they called me at 9:30AM, to tell me
that Kenzie was ready to go home! If I had known it would be that quick,
I would have just waited, and saved the gasoline making 2 trips!

Isoflurane is no longer an 'expensive alternative'. It still costs more,
(The technician has to carefully monitor during induction, etc.), but
since the patent on it ran out, the cost of the drug itself is now about
1/4th of what it used to be.

When Kenzie came home, I couldn't tell she had had anesthesia.

I Know you have a good Vet, and I'm sure Xoxo will be OK.

And I'm sure you are just as nervous as I was.

Please let us know when Xoxo is back home.

- Robert Heinlein