Old January 24th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New family member?

I'd take this one on until they can find a home for her. We
named her Jasmine (if the neighbor ever named her, he didn't
share that information), and if things continue as
peacefully as they've started out, it looks like Melisande
has a new companion.

What a lucky little girl Jasmine is to have someone like you,
kind and caring, to give her a home at this sad time in her life.
Don't have too much concern about her having the handicap
of declaw; we recently successfully introduced a much
smaller cat than the "porkers" here with a very bad history
of abuse after abandonment (in another state). My relative
there had gone over and taken her home after a friend who
lived where she was abandoned told him of her sad life
as a stray at mercy of cruel cat abusers there, after her owner
just moved away and left her there, outside. She is terrified of
any handling of plastic bags and has a permanent "kink" near
end of tail where the monsters tied cats together by tails to
"make them fight". Strangely enough, the porkers here are
very cool with the newcomer and even the bully huge male
of 18# is friendly to her (she is tiny; about 8# or so, compared
to the porkers) and except for some food aggressiveness, all
is great now.No one here goes outside so she lives in a safe,
quiet home now.