Old August 26th 14, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Joy

Default Breakthrough!

On 8/26/2014 11:17 AM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:06:59 -0700, Joy wrote:

He's getting bolder. Pickles always sleeps on my bed. This morning I
woke up to hear Pickles hiss. I opened my eyes in time to see Koala run
out of the room. Later, after I was up, he did quite a bit of
exploring. While I was sitting in the living room he jumped up on the
couch, considered jumping across to the coffee table but decided against
it, came very close to my chair, and went even closer to Pickles to get
a toy that was by her. Pickles didn't react. He also spent a lot of
time looking out the sliding glass door to the patio where I put out
food for the birds and squirrels.

There may be a setback, though. I have a water leak in the wall between
my two bathrooms. One of them is right across the hall from what I've
come to think of as Koala's room. I'm afraid tearing out the wall and
replacing the pipe will send him back into seclusion.

Good news! Your repairs could be a problem. My two run and hide all
day if there are workmen here.

Don't forget that cats play roughly, so when they get used to each
other, don't interfere unless you think it is really too much. My two
played roughly a great deal when Bubba was younger; they still do it
occasionally.

Thanks.

The plumber has been and gone. The leak wasn't in the wall after all.
He reseated the toilet and replaced some of the drainpipes from the
washbasin. Koala is still hiding, but I'm sure he'll come back out
sooner than he would have if the wall had been torn out.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters