Old November 12th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Purrs for Lindy?

"Joy" wrote in message
I took Lindy to the doctor today, because she hasn't been eating for the
past couple of days (except some after I made the appointment), and she has
thrown up a small amount about once a day for the past week.
We saw my regular vet's new partner, who looks about 15 years old

That amused me. I found the same when I took KFC I said "I saw a child
vet."
Veterinary college is really difficult to get in to here in the UK. More
difficult than medical college. You need straight A's in everything to
stand a chance, so I assume than any new child vet that my vet allows into
his surgery to get experience shows promise and will be heavily supervised
on each case by one of the more experienced vets.

The good
news is that Lindy's heart and lungs are good. She needs some dental work,
if they decide she can handle the anesthetic. They took blood and urine
and gave her an infusion (She was a little dehydrated) and an appetite
stimulant. I have a new kind of food to try, as well as more of the
appetite stimulant (Mirzapine). She's supposed to get 1/4 tablet every 3
days. They said if I can't get it down her, bring her in and they'll do
it. She didn't say whether or not they'd charge for that. They'll call
tomorrow with the test results and we'll see where we go from here.

She yelled for her dinner when we got home, and I gave it to her, even
though it was a little early. She is actually eating, but we'll see how
much she gets down - and if she keeps it down.

An appetite stimulant has certainly kept Kitty Farmcat going through her
CRF, but I hope Lindy has not got that.

Tweed