Old July 11th 12, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Pixie bob cats

"news" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I was looking through the local for sale and wanted and there was a pixie
bob cat wanting a new home.
I'd never heard of them before, have you? so I looked them up online.
They cost up to a thousand pounds!
It seems important that they have poly claws and a tail like an American
bobcat in a size we can cope with.

Actually, they sound like very nice cats, like a cross between cat/dog in
temperament, which would suit me very well ;-)

I've found that some people who have Pixie bob kittens for sale describe
them as "cubs"
No. They are kittens. They have been DNA'd as having no wild genes so
they are domestic cats.

I kind of would like one but not while Boyfie is here, obviously, so
unlikely ever to happen.

I saw some at a cat show and the kittens available (not at the show) were
about $400-500 US . They were extremely adorable and very friendly! I
certainly wanted one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixie-bob

As I said, I'd never heard of them until a few days ago.
I won't get one of course, but for someone who is used to dogs (like myself)
it wouldn't be such a culture shock to have a cat with that temperament ;-)
Besides that, it would panic the neighbours to see what looked like a small
lynx passing through their garden and I think they would call the police. A
work colleague had a big (very big) Bengal boy - she kept him in for ages,
two years ISTR but he was so destructive in the house and vocal about going
out that she eventually let him do it. Within a few days the police were
out looking for an escaped leopard.
The neighbours settled down eventually, as the police tracked him down
without harming him and told them he was just a domestic cat that looked
like a zoo escapee.
Aramis continues to go out in his local neighbourhood without a police
alert and he has stopped destroying the house.