Old May 27th 19, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A birthday party!

cshenk wrote:

Dan Mahoney wrote:

Francesca see Midnight, Fred, and Sarge each nibbling on a plate of
goodies, but trying to hide at the same time. She walks over and
introduces herself.

"Hi, guys. I know who you are - I've heard Meowmie and Paw talking
about you. You're the kitties who live in the garage, aren't you?"

Midnight: "Um, yes, we are. We don't usually get to talk to inside
kitties. They usually just hiss at us."

Frannie: "Well, this is the Community. We like all creatures here.
As you can see we've got a couple raccoons in the party, and those
squirrels over here, and that really big kitty, Big Mama, is a black
panther. We all do our best to get along. I've been trying to find
some of the local possums to invite them, but they seem to be doing
a really good job of hiding."

Fred: "Yeah, dey do dat. We have a lot of decent hoomins livin
around here, but some of the ones that used to live in dis house
were purrty nasty people. Da possums gotted scared off and now only
come around in da night time."

Sarge: "Well, I kinda know dem, a liddle bit. I talk to dem some
times. If you want I'z could tell dem dat they is welcome to come
around. DO you fink dere might be food stuff dey could eat somewhere
close by dis house?"

Frannie: "Me an Ranger an Sammy can whisper in da hoomin's ears
while dey is asleep, and get dem to put possum feeders in da back
yard. See dat great big old doggie over there, eating the kitty
kibble? Dat's Starr da Dogg. Her is big and her barks a lot, but
her is akchooly nice to aminuls. Her only barks to play wif her
buddy, Duke, next door. Her would like to meet some possums, and if
any possum gets scared, all him would have to do is hiss. Starr da
Dogg would then back off right away. Same fur you kitties, too. You
are all welcome to come in da back yard any time. Paw is gonna
install a critter door in the garage back door, just fur garage
kitties and anyone or anyfing else dat needs shelter or foods. So
please pass da word!"

Sarge: "Fangu, Miz Francesca".

Francesca then takes Sarge's paw and pulls him on the dance floor.

Iowna, without a dance purrtner, saunters up to Fred and with a grin,
herds him to the dance floor. He snickers and goes along with it.

She arranges for the next song to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es3Vsfzdr14

Iowna grins and thanks Fred for being a good sport.

A new song grows in her heart. It is close to her soul. Seems, she is
failing. She is very old for a doggie. She knows few get to be 16 and
she cherishes every moment of her sweet 16 party held last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM

(Carol note, she is scheduled for an end of life consult. The
arthritis has her back legs taking the fun out of life. We are trying a
new pain med but she is resistant on eating it).