Old October 4th 05, 07:36 PM
Mickey

i would not send them via plane. if possible, find a way to get them there
either by renting a motor home (like beth did!) or having family and friends
help out. just my two cents.

mickey

"Stephen Denney" wrote in message
F.Berkeley.EDU...

I have a friend with five rabbits and five cats. She was recently informed
that her company will be moving from San Francisco to New York City at the
end of this year. If she moves, what is the best recommended way to
transport her pets? I think it would be too long to drive cross country;
by plane I understand she could place one pet underneath her seat, but I
guess all the others would have to go in the cargo section? I have heard
bad things about transporting pets in this manner, mainly that the cargo
section is not temperature controlled and that it is very traumatic for
the pets.

- Steve Denney