Old January 3rd 05, 02:45 PM
kaeli

In article .com,
enlightened us with...
I'm having a problem getting my kitten to adapt to a harness. She's
almost 6 months old and I want to be able to have her id on her in the
form of a tag. Unfortunately, her first experience was with a collar
and it somehow got stuck in her mouth so that it wouldn't snap free. I
had to cut that one off of her with a pair of scissors.
Now I want to try a harness because it's not in the same position as a
collar, but she spazzes out whenever I try to put it on her. She is an
indoor only cat and I did get the microchip put on her; should I just
let it go at that? If not, can I get some advise on getting her adapted
to the harness?

Let it go. An ID tag is only useful if they get out. A harness on an
unattended cat can get caught and hurt the cat just as much as a regular
collar. Actually, I bet it would get caught more often on things. I would
think that the chances of fatal injury would be less, though, since it would
be much less likely to constrict the neck. Other parts might be hurt if from
nothing more than the cat flipping out when she gets stuck. I would never
leave a harness on an unsupervised cat.
If you really want a tag on her, use a collar with elastic.

~kaeli~
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace