Old April 23rd 05, 07:45 PM
CatNipped

"Enfilade" wrote in message
om...

But when you were in the military, did you ever do survival training?
Oh, wait, you said you would draw the line at moldy food, so no ST.
I'm pretty certain I'd have to pass on the rotting stuff, but I've
eaten moldy food (hell, I've eaten bugs before, knowingly).

Yes, I've done survival exercises, but only for a few days in length,
and Canadian IMPs (individual meal packets) are considerably better
than American MREs (Meals Ready to Eat).

(Another thing I'll confess to is being the duty van driver on half of
the survival exercises I've attended. If I have to load the van and
drive the van (and in one case, sleep in the van--I do NOT recommed
this in the fall and winter months), then I think I have the right to
put my own survival-kit in the van. It consists of pepsi and doritos)

--Fil

PS I also once ate moldy cheese, and, though I grossed out when I
realized what I'd done, I'd eaten half of it by then, blue fur and
all.

Well, I *LOVE* bleu cheese - and that's basically all it is, moldy cheese!
;

Hugs,

CatNipped