Old July 22nd 13, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Chloe and the vet

Vet says the thyroid seems to be well under control, so we don't know
what's going on. They'll test some stool samples next week.
Some of the symptoms fit gluten intolerance, but that's a wild guess.

OH, I hope the vet finds out what's going on. Poor baby. Thanks for
the update!

Stool samples came up blank - no infection.

But the problem has completely stopped. All we did was take her off
gluten-containing cat treats, like Dreamies - her tinned food was
already gluten-free. So gluten was the problem all along, and it
didn't take much to really mess her up.

A shopping trip to the Chinese supermarket is in order, to get her
some dried anchovies as replacement treats.