Old October 9th 17, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default A big Ooops!

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 18:02:58 -0500, MaryL
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

On 10/7/2017 10:03 AM, dgk wrote:
On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 08:08:58 -0500, MaryL
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

On 10/6/2017 7:15 PM, jmcquown wrote:

She *really* doesn't like it when I'm typing.* Bast forbid I should be
typing *and* talking to my SO on the phone!* (He doesn't own a computer
and occasionally asks me to look things up for him.)

Hey, Buffy, I don't complain when you sleep all the time.* Why don't you
time your naps for when I'm sitting at the computer?

Oh wait, that would take detract from your cat status as my Owner.

Jill

Duffy always takes over my lap when I try to type. He especially
doesn't like the phone. He will give me about 2 minutes on the phone,
then he starts to howl. Regular callers expect it, and they get a big
laugh out of it. It's clear that Duffy doesn't like to have my
attention diverted elsewhere. He's on my lap right now because I'm
trying to type this message, and it surely makes it awkward to try to
type. Yes, he makes it clear that he is the Owner.

MaryL

I know this is old school stuff, but try reading a newspaper and see
where the cat ends up.

I know what you mean. When I used to read newspapers, I usually had a
cat right in the middle of it. Notice I said when i *used* to read
newspapers. My vision will not let me read newspapers now. I still do
a lot of reading, but I do it electronically--I read news on the
Internet (and watch news on TV, of course), and I read books on my
Kindle. I love that because I can set the font right where I want it.

MaryL

Yes, I like books, but mostly I read on my phone.