Old June 21st 11, 10:05 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health,uk.business.agriculture,sci.agriculture
dh@.

Default What's in pet food?

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:50:59 -0400, Char wrote:

On 6/20/2011 11:25 PM, dh@. wrote:

"Dutch" along with Goo believed, for years, that some cattle are raised for
12 years for no other reason than to become pet food. Mr. Smartypants and myself
told them how absurd the idea was. They still have absurd ideas. One of them is
that having appreciation for when decent animal welfare results in lives of
positive value for millions of livestock animals, is somehow sophistry. They
can't explain how, but they claim to believe it is.

Why do you feel the need to repeat this for the 100th time?

Why not? It's as true as it has always been.

Don't you
have anything new to bring to the discussion?

I'll try to think of something for you.

Obviously not, which means
you are trolling.

You don't either, so you're trolling too.

As for new: I haven't mentioned much about the higher number of rodents who
are killed in grain storage areas than in meat freezers. Of course that also
means they experience life, but of what quality? In general are their lives of
such high quality that people should try to learn to live with them instead of
kill them off? Some people in India do just that and claim it works great, where
other people try to kill them off and are always fighting them and they have a
lot more damage done to their product...so they on both sides said in the
documantary I saw about it. It's not a high significance issue from my pov.