Old June 23rd 11, 10:41 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.dogs.health,uk.business.agriculture,sci.agriculture
Dutch

Default What's in pet food?

dh@. wrote
Pet enthusiats are often clueless and need some educating themselves,
btw.

By you, a breeder of fighting cocks no doubt. You need an education all
right, in your private cell as lifer Willie's bitch.

I've heard complaints a number of times about pet owners being members of
PeTA
for example. You can't get a lot more clueless than that I guess.

Why is that? Here's PeTA's view on pets

"Contrary to myth, PETA does not want to confiscate animals who are well
cared for and "set them free." What we want is for the population of dogs
and cats to be reduced through spaying and neutering and for people to adopt
animals (preferably two so that they can keep each other company when their
human companions aren't home) from pounds or animal shelters-never from pet
shops or breeders-thereby reducing suffering in the world."