Old August 30th 18, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

Default A Fun Play Session (pic)

On 28/08/2018 19:55, jmcquown wrote:
I wish I had a way to record it.Â* Unfortunately I don't have a camera
built into my glasses and I'm busy dangling the toy.

Buffy and I just had a great play session!Â* I've got a little carpeted
barrel with a cradle above it as a piece of cat furniture.Â* Buffy
"inherited it" from Persia.Â* Buffy immediately claimed it as her own.

Anyway, I got out the fishing wand toy with the little mousie on the
end.Â* Oooh!Â* She loves that!

After her jumping trying to catch it, then chasing it along the floor, I
dangled it around the ends of the kitty barrel.Â* Up on the cradle.Â* She
really tried by oops, not quite there.Â* Can you catch the mousie?

It didn't take long to have her leaping through the barrel like a
trained circus cat.Â* Got to catch the mousie!Â* Then again, I was
flicking the mousie at the end of the fishing wire like a circus master.
LOL

It's always fun and comical and oh my, is she tenacious!Â* She really
wants that mousie!Â* (I let her catch it a few times... then gently tug
it away from her to start the play again.)

Had a great play session.Â* Now she's up on the cradle, taking it easy.

https://s22.postimg.cc/mxivc1rdd/buffy_cradle.jpg

Jill

It sounds like she had a great time. My two exotic Persian girls are
the first indoor cats I've ever had and I worry about them getting
bored. They have toys but hardly ever bother with them. I bought them
a new one last week, it's like a furry mouse on a 6 inch spring, they
are supposed to bat it, it's called a Kitty Swat. Not interested.

I dangle "fishes on a stick" in front of them. Not interested. I can
only assume that my exciting house is enough to allieviate the boredom
of being inside. They seem happy though.