Old July 2nd 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! - a possible sighting!!

"Shiral" wrote in message
On Jul 1, 6:40 am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

My goodness, no wonder you are worried! I'm so sorry, I hope Smudgie
will find her courage to make her way home to you safely. I'll get
Francesca on Purr Patrol when I get home and set out the homing
beacons so that Smudgie will return safe and unharmed.

Melissa

Thank you again everyone. We got a call around 11 last night to say a cat
matching her description had been seen in the back garden of an empty
house - 100 yards away from our garden diagonally. We went round with torch
etc but there was no sign of her. I went back round this morning armed with
a step ladder (garden is enclosed by an 8 ft wall) and spent half an hour
looking and calling but no luck. I have to go into work for 3 hours this
morning so I have left my mobile number on my home answering machine and
will take her carrier etc with me just in case I get another call. The
couple who rang me last night will keep a close eye out for her today and
try to entice her with food. If they cant get her to come to them they will
ring me and I will go straight round and have another try. Only downside is
the cat they saw looks as though her back legs may be injured

Looks like the purrs may be working

Sharon
p.s. got a baby monitor ready for tonight