Old January 13th 14, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Okay Tweed here goes

wrote in message
On Friday, January 10, 2014 10:05:31 AM UTC-8, Christina Websell wrote:
---------- What brand is it for a start?

An Andrew James- it just arrived but I am not setting it up just yet as I
need to work out where I can put it in the kitchen (I suspect it'll go where
the toaster and sandwich maker are- the toaster can be put over by the
kettle and I don't use the sandwich maker as much as I used to so I can
store it and bring it out when needed- another possibility is buying a small
table- we used to have a long counter just inside the kitchen door bur when
the landlord "improved" the kitchen we lost half a worktop there so I could
put a table there) and anyway Sarsi has immediately gone "new box!" and is
asleep on top of it!

I do like cooking when I have the time but when I get home from work is not
the time for spending hours in the kitchen and anyway I have an okay canteen
at work so I eat there some days-it's more if I can get Dave to use it even
if only to heat up oven chips and a pie or something it means he'll eat
better and cheaper since heating a large oven up for one person is insanely
expensive (20 minutes at least to heat up-the long term plan is if this
works we could throw our cooker out-get a worktop ring for things like
warming up soup and put shelving in the gap) and of course the idea of a
roast dinner is attractive

Lesley
-----------
I've certainly seen a reduction in my electriity bills since I hardly use
the big oven (as you say, it take 20 minutes to heat up and electricity is
stupidly expensive now) but I don't advise you to get rid of your big cooker
completely, it's useful if you want to cook several things at once and
although you might not need to do that very often, if you get rid of it, you
can't ;-)
I heat soup up in the microwave.

I only have an electric oven, I have a gas hob. Worse thing I ever did was
to have an electric oven fitted when I had a new kitchen, previously I had a
free-standing gas cooker, but I wanted it to look posh, all fitted in so I
got rid of it.
Nüle was here at the time, she called my gas cooker "Stove" She said "don't
get rid of Stove, you'll regret it" but I took no notice and I do regret it
in a way, or at least not having an integral gas cooker fitted.
I'm considering having my electric oven out and a gas one in, should have
done that when my kitchen was fitted but there was a two week wait so I
agreed to have an electric one. I was fed up with having a stripped out
kitchen, wish I'd waited now.

Expect a few disasters at first and don't believe that you can cook a whole
roast dinner in it at the same time like they say - you can't. Do your
chicken in it and the veggies on the top of your cooker.

Having said that, I find it really useful and I'm glad I bought one, so
much so that I bought another when the bowl broke.
I hope you will say the same.

Let me know how it goes.

Tweed

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs