Old January 13th 14, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Okay Tweed here goes

wrote in message
On Monday, January 13, 2014 11:37:06 AM UTC-8, Christina Websell wrote:
) but I don't advise you to get rid of your big cooker completely,

The only thng we use the big cooker for is the rings- the grill packed up
ages ago but we have a George Foreman grill (highly recommended if you don't
have one) and if I can warm soup/beans etc in the microwave then we get
minimum use out of the big oven - the only thing I missed apart from the
occasional roast dinner was being able (usually when roasting dinner) was
putting a few jacket spuds in there then once they cooled down then I could
pop them in the freezer and reheat them in the microwave later but
apparently I can do jacket spuds in 40 minutes in the halogen

One question if you are doing a roast with veggies- which way do they go
round? I've seen pictures where the meat is on the top rack and vice versa?

-------
You can't. Never mind the pictures. Unless you want to be in and out of it,
messing about with "how long will this take."
Roast your chicken or meat in it and do the rest in the conventional way.
Or try the whole meal in the halogen oven and let me know if it's successful
for you. It's not been for me.
It will cook a whole chicken or joint far faster than a conventional oven
(and heat your pie up ditto) but IME you cannot cook a whole meal in it,
despite what they claim because the idea is that it cooks with air around it
and that's not possible if you stuff it like in the photo.

Tweed

Slave of the Fabulous Furballa