Old July 15th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default What is wrong with the boys?

Victor Martinez wrote:
Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from
work and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives"
ham on sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few
slices of said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was
dividing the ham on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not
stop yowling about the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and
retreated a few feet for my own safety.
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What
is wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?

Actually mine have never shown much interest in it - or in ANY "people
food", for that matter. I DID have one, once, who like fruit flavored
yogurt, and another who drank half a glass of brandy fortified eggnog
when it was left unguarded one Christmas. The ex-feral kitten I adopted
from summer camp when I was a teenager liked popcorn, potato chips and
ice-cream (along with ANYTHING that landed in his dish), but most of my
feline companions have preferred cat-food.