Old December 4th 05, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Exercise for Indoor Cats?

On 2005-12-03 11:50:19 -0700, (claudel) said:

In article ,
John Doe wrote:
(claudel) wrote:

Anybody have cats that will run a treadmill or a wheel?

That is a neat idea, IMO.

The trick is getting His Majesty to agree...

I guess in-line skating is out of the question.

:^) Where do ya get the little skates???
counters.

OK, true-confessions here. When I was a little kid, I noticed some doll
rollerskates at our local Woolworth's, and was struck by the fact that
the little boots bore no relationship to the shape of human (or human
doll) feet, but looked to be the perfect size to put on a cat. I was
obsessed with idea of getting two pairs and putting them on our cat. I
loved roller-skating, and had the idea that Simon would just skate
along with me. So I cracked open the old piggy bank and bought two
pairs and tried them out on Simon when my mom wasn't home. They fit
perfectly, but I couldn't get him to stand on them. Every time I tried
to set him on his feet, he just rolled over and took the skates off.
Total waste of money.