Old January 25th 12, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default kindle

MaryL wrote:

wrote in message ...

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

Do you like to read? I have a Kindle, and I absolutely love it.

And there you took over my thread.
Normally it would not matter but today it does.

I'm totally confused. I didn't write the above. I have contributed to
this thread, but nothing in this past was part of it. Also, I don't
remember you starting this thread, but I might be wrong. Why does it
matter today? What's happening? You haven't gotten results back from
the CT scan already, have you? I remember you saying it was going to
take a while before you found out.

But what's wrong with starting an offshoot thread? I can understand
why continuing under the same thread but changing the topic being discussed
would annoy the first poster, since they'd had a different agenda for
starting that thread.

I think I might have been the one who did this, actually, because I
remember being interested in the Kindle. But what's wrong with starting
an offshoot thread? I can understand why continuing under the same
thread, but allowing drift to take over the conversation, would annoy
the first poster. But I changed the subject line, *and I also removed
all the references*, effectively starting a brand-new thread. So the
"kindle" thread shouldn't have been connected to Tweed's original thread,
and I don't know how she knew that it had come from her previous thread.

sigh I thought I understood this.

--
Joyce - doesn't use threading

I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman