Old July 14th 05, 12:19 PM
jils

where do you live?
are there ticks? i thought tick bite causes paralysis of the back legs.
but you'd think the vet would know that.
i wouldn't pay a vet that can't figure out the problem ...

wrote:
Our two year old cat Bootsie is in the hospital tonight.
I noticed something was wrong on Saturday when she did not come down
stairs to play with the other cats or to peep out the windows.
She spent the whole weekend under the bed. I didn't think much of it as
sometimes she squabbles with one of the other cats and hides.
Monday night at about 9:30pm I noticed Bootsie had come down stairs
and was laying on the floor. When I greeted her, picked her up and set
her down she could not stand. Her front legs were sturdy, but her back
legs were very weak which makes me wonder how she got down the stairs
in the first place.
I tried several times to stand Bootsie up but she keept falling over
and would not move. She seemed very limp when I picked her up. We
rushed Bootsie to an $850 for 12 hour animal emergency clinic (Yes! it
was $850 for a 12 hour stay!) where they did many tests and a few
x-rays. Aside from slight defencies in potassium and Glucose and some
dehydration, Bootsie tested o.k. The vet can only guess at what could
be wrong. Bootsie is aleart and doesn't appear to be in any pain, but
is unable to stand on her rear legs. Bootsie is well cared for and is
always up to date on all her shots, and never goes outside alone.
Bootsie seemed fine, but a little tired than usual on Friday. Its very
strange that a cat gets this sick so quickly.
Does anybody have any Idea what could be wrong?
Please help.