Old June 10th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Declawed Tabby Cat Scares Bear From Back Yard

Jo Firey wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
Now here's a story about a brave cat who guards his turf (grin):

http://www.nbc5i.com/family/9346381/detail.html

-Declawed Tabby Cat Scares Bear From Back Yard
-
-POSTED: 8:57 am CDT June 9, 2006
-WEST MILFORD, N.J.
-
-At least one bear doesn't want to know Jack.
-
-Jack is a 10-year-old orange-and-white tabby in West
-Milford, N.J. And when the cat spotted the bear in a
-neighbor's yard earlier this week, the clawless kitty
-let the bear know who's boss.

I can't believe that anyone lets a declawed cat roam outside! :

It happens all the time. They declaw the cat to protect their house,
and end up with worse behavior problems than they had to start with,
so out they go.

And cats that are crippled in any way have to become very
territorial. When all you got left is a hiss and a growl, you
perfect them.

Jo

Someone let Persia run loose and as a front-declawed cat she came to me for
protection. I absolutely won't let her outside except in her kitty walk and
always under supervision. Some people are just too stupid for words.

Jill