Old January 15th 14, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Purrs for Sammy?

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 1/14/2014 4:19 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

Purrs and prayers being sent for you to find out quickly what's causing
this and for Sammy and Shamrock to get better soon. It could just be
virus, we have a nasty one here at the moment which is causing humans to
have severe vomiting problems, maybe it's something similar.

Judith

When I told my vet that Shamrock was also vomiting, she told me the same
thing, that it could be viral or bacterial, as in just a "bug" but to keep
an eye on them. Sammy ate a little more today, but still not up to his
normal appetite. Shamrock hasn't eaten anything but has had a little
water. Vet gave me some anti-nausea med for both of them to take 1x per
day in the morning for up to 4 days, but if in 2 days there's no
improvement in either, to bring them back. Sammy's blood work was
perfect, only the white cell count was a little low presumably being used
to fight of whatever is going on.

Thank you all for the well wishes and purrs. I'll keep you updated.

I'm sorry they're sick, but it does sound as though they're on the road to
recovery. Purrs will continue.

Joy