Old October 10th 12, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Driving cats around town

On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:42:41 PM UTC-5, FragSinatra wrote:
Is it OK to drive cats around town without being caged? What about with

a window open (like dog owners do)?

I am hoping this is a serious question and not a troll. NO, it is not ok. Most cats don't travel well in the car, and even if they do, it's just not safe. About 12 years ago, I was driving back from a trip after visiting relatives. I had my cat (in a carrier) in the car and got into an accident. I can still see his carrier flying up off the seat as I collided with the other car.

Fortunately, we were both uninjured . . .but that is why you should use carriers. Accidents happen.