Old October 10th 12, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Driving cats around town

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:42:40 +0000 (UTC), FragSinatra
wrote:

Is it OK to drive cats around town without being caged? What about with
a window open (like dog owners do)?

It could be VERY dangerous to have a cat in your car, not in a carrier.

If the that gets scared, it could attack the driver, causing a serious
accident, and/or death.

If you have to suddenly slam on the brakes, the cat could fly off the
seat, hit the dashboard, get really scared, attack the driver, and cause
a serious accident and/or death.

If you get in a car accident, your cat could be seriously injured, or
killed, or simply escape from your car, and be lost.

There are other bad things that can happen, if you have a cat loose in
your car.

I ALWAYS transport my cat in a carrier, placing the carrier on the back
seat, and wrapping the seat belt around the carrier to prevent it from
moving in case of a traffic mishap.

It takes only a few extra minutes, but I know that my cat is as safe as
possible on the trip to and from the veterinarian, once a year.