Old July 29th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Meow, Meow

jmcquown wrote:

When Persia starts talking, which is quite often, Mom says "Meow" at her.
It's the funniest thing! She says it with no inflection. Anyone remember
the old Bob Newhart TV shows where at the end of the credits the MTM (rather
than MGM) kitten would meow?

I remember it from St. Elsewhere (in the 80s) - the kitten was wearing
green scrubs and surgical mask.

Instead of the kitten meowing (as it did for
the Mary Tyler Moore show) Newhart's voice would say "meow". It's like
that. Funny to watch.

Or, more recently, that YouTube video where the guy took a clip of two
cats mrrrping at each other, and did a voiceover of a conversation they
might have been having? At one point, one of the cats says, "Someone's
coming. Act like a cat!" One cat starts squirming cutely, while the other
one starts going "Meow. Meow. Meow" in this totally bored, affectless,
and very human voice.

Maybe you should make a video of your mom doing this. I'm not saying to
put it on YouTube though!

--
Joyce ^..^