Old February 8th 14, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Just to say

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Thanks to my vet, Boyfie has made a complete recovery, I think.
He is out and about as much as he wants, but due to his shaved bits he is
soon in if it's cold.

I was pretty sure that would be the case. Brrrr! What happened to my
coat?

I'm glad his lack of coat makes him come in quickly as I worry from the
moment he goes out until the moment he comes in again :-( I'll have to
learn to get over my fear and I'm sure I will, given time.

Did you ever get the posh collar on him? If so, there wouldn't be any
doubt he isn't a stray.

His own posh collar that he arrived with? I took it off when no-one claimed
him and I did make a lot of effort towards finding where he came from. It
was a seriously posh cost-a-lot collar which suggests he was well loved in a
previous home, but hey, if they cannot be bothered to get their teenage cat
neutered, he'll be off after the girls maybe too far to find his way home,
which is probably what happened to my Boykin, and it's their own fault that
they lost him. He is so lovely they are probably missing him still.
Too bad, he's mine now!

He always wears a reflective collar and he is microchipped but he looks so
awful atm with no fur on one side, he was shaved right up to his spine and
most of his back leg.
I have to trust him not to be caught by the KFC police, but actually there
is zero chance that will happen as no way in the world would he approach
anyone and even if they saw him there is no chance of them catching him.

I am the only person in the world that he seems to love & trust.

Tweed