Old January 18th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Young Adult Books - Warrior Cats

On Jan 17, 9:10*pm, GaDragonfly wrote:
I know that many of you have children and quite a few of you are
teachers. A lot of us enjoy reading in general and SciFi/Fantasy in
particular. That said, I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with a
series of books called "Warrior"? *For some reason, three times
recently in unrelated situations, I've been made aware of this series
so today when I was at the bookstore I went in search of the books. *I
enjoy a good, easy read and I probably enjoyed the first Harry Potter
book more than I did any of the others so I decided to buy the first
book in this series. *It turned out that the books were 3 for the
price of two so I bought the first three. *They appear to have been
written for the 11-12 y/o age group. *I had to LOL when I finally had
a chance to read the back cover. DH is always saying he shares his
name with cocker spaniels (Rusty). *The first book introduces a cat
named Rusty. I haven't told DH about this yet. *So anyway, this is a
series about four clans of feral cats living in the forest and their
battles to survive and protect their territory. *I'm just curious if
anyone else has read this series. *Also, when I am finished with the
books I thought I'd send them out to anyone else interested in reading
them or to anyone with kids that might enjoy them. * They are
paperback so they'll be easy to mail. *There is a websitewww.warriorcats..com
and a Google search produced enough hits to make me think there is
quite a following. I'll let you know what this 52 y/o "kid" thinks
about them.

Julie

I read the first book in the series, and was reasonably impressed.

Pam S.