Old June 26th 19, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Lynxie and Annie

On 6/26/2019 11:59 AM, wrote:
When I got Lynxie in 2002, this newsgroup was a source of support for me as a new cat owner. I posted and shared his photos and stories.

As the popularity of Usenet fizzled out, I drifted away. But then I searched today and noticed the newsgroup was still around, just very slow. If anyone from back then is still around, I figured I'd say hi and update on my kitties!

Lynxie is 17 this year and quite healthy. He has hyperthyroidism but it's managed well by his meds. He's still a rascal and I adore him.

I got Annie in late 2014, so she's going to be five this year. She's a total sweetie and a lap cat. She and Lynxie get along fairly well, though they're not best friends.

I hope everyone here is doing well and I want to thank those who were there for me in the early 00s when I was learning to be owned by a cat.

Pictures:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0T5qXGF1sDLhj

I'm sorry, I don't remember you or your beautful cats. Glad you found
your way back here. This ng could use a bit of a resurgence! I've
noticed in the last month or so folks who used to post here then
vanished for a while have come back. It's great to see. Usenet doesn't
have to die.

Jill