Old July 1st 19, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Black water animal?

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 9:00:26 AM UTC-4, Helen Wheels wrote:
It looks like a nice spot for a walk. Do you have water rats where you
are? I wonder whether the critters could have been something like that.

On 30/06/2019 12:21 AM, Bill Stock wrote:
Sorry, for being away so long, but I've been in the bush. OK, not really, but the creek trail is as close as I get.

Anyway, I was walking over on of the many pedestrian brides along the creek trail and I spotted two small black creatures playing in the water next to a rock. I did not stop to take a picture, as I thought they would scatter. They appeared to be about the size of a black squirrel, but seemed to have a bigger face. I could not see the tail, as they were in the water hanging onto the rock. They seemed very curious. I guess they could have been otters, but they looked too small and too dark. I guess they could have mink, but again the color was wrong.

I've seen eagles, herons, cormorants, large turtles, ducks, deer, raccoons, coyotes. I'll attach a few pictures, but don't expect to see the eagles, they fly well out of my camera's range. See if you can spot the deer in the pictures. I saw them again yesterday, as they bounced past me through the brush. Some genius was chasing then on a skateboard, which isn't too bright, as there are tons of rocks and other crap hidden in that brush.

OK, not too many animals. See if you can spot the big bird. :-) They fly here too.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zcnwgj22j...rar14_Rba?dl=0

I don't think so; likely baby otters.