Old August 3rd 19, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Default A bit about Trixie

On 22/07/2019 3:41 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
Helen wrote:
Trixie, my older cat, is slowly getting used to sharing her house with a
younger cat. She was six years old when I adopted her from the local
shelter, and she's been with me for two years now. I've no idea how she
ended up in the shelter.

In summer she's a medium-haired stripey tabby, greyish rather than
brownish, but she looks so different in winter. She develops this pale
grey, almost white undercoat, especially on her chest and belly, and the
stripes become much fainter, so much that you can hardly see them. As
we're in mid-winter here her coat is at its thickest now, and she has a
thick ruff on her chest. She looks like a big grey cloud. She's really a
beautiful cat.

I've no idea whether she was always an only cat. She is very playful and
loves chasing a ribbon on a stick, or batting a ping pong ball around.
She still doesn't like young Floki much, but she no longer smacks him
every time he approaches.

Trixie sounds lovely. it would be great if we could find out about the
history of our rescue cats but they're keeping that to themselves.

Floki is getting there in winning her over then.

Judith

I'm not sure Floki's quite winning her over yet but she is definitely
practicing tolerance. Her responses to Floki's attentions lean more
towards eye-rolling than throwing punches now.