Old November 30th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
wasted[_2_]

Default Cat-proofing my mattress?

I should point out that the cats claw at the wood in the box spring to wake
me up in the morning. They aren't clawing it during the day.

I'm new to this group, and I have no wish to offend, and I am quite open to
learning, and I have had cats for 20 years - but I wonder how you know the
cats are doing this to wake you up? Are they not just doing this as a cat
thing when THEY are waking up. If you choose to have your cats in your room,
isn't this just a consequence of their natural behaviour??