Old July 29th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default TW & AW, plus a win for animals (sort of)

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"outsider" wrote in message

While a 9 year old is so young they _may_ be able to be helped I still
wonder if it is possible. Of course, I have to wonder where the parents
are and what they did to this kid to make him into what he is. This
seems like one of those "no one will win" situations. Can this kid ever
be taught how much pain he (and his friends) inflicted on an innocent but
feeling creature? The thought of any being leaving this earth is such
pain is almost unbearable to me.

Andy

I wish this could just be blamed on the parents. I'm sorry but I've seen
enough cases where the kid was messed up no matter what the parents did
right and others where the kid turned out great no matter what the parents
did wrong. That old nature vs. nurture argument, I guess. I had a child
psychiatrist once tell me that he believes in the "bad seed" theory, where
kids are just born evil. After seeing some of the kids I have, I also
believe in it.

Pam S.

I agree, I think of it as a "birth defect" - some people are born without
empathy just like some are born without feet or hands (except that I count
it as a worse handicap).

Hugs,

CatNipped