Old October 27th 13, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Question about skin cancer in white cats

wrote:
My white cat has developed a darkening of her nose (see other post).
I'm told white cats are prone to skin cancer.

I never let her outside but she does lay in a sunny window in the
morning for hours. The window is a double, with a storm window on
the outside. Doesn't that block the dangerous sun rays or could this
be the problem?

Two layers of glass should block most of the UV, but you can buy special
glass that is made just to do that. Contack the manufacturer to find out if
yours are UV blockers.