Old July 6th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default OT a child hood memory Passes

On 2008-07-06, tanadashoes wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Sherry wrote:

I still remember what creeped me out so bad. It was something about
the
painted-on smile, then if you got close you could see the real mouth
when
it wasn't smiling at all. And the white paint around the mouth always
made
the teeth look creepily yellow.

Oh, yeah, I can see why that would creep you out. I guess I didn't
get close enough to any clowns to see that.

You were *on* the Bozo show! I remember going to our local kid-TV
show; the host wasn't a clown but a cowboy. It was a big deal for us
then.

No, I wasn't on it, my two younger sisters were.

What was the cowboy show? I remember a cowboy show in my area. One time
the guy from the show came to my public library once and I got to shake
his hand. (This was a big deal to me in my small town. ) I lived in
Massachusetts, but near Rhode Island, and the station where the show was
broadcast was in Providence, RI. It might just have been a local show.

--
Joyce

We just had the Wallaby and Jack show. *My big memory is of one time someone
swallowed their gum and the Captain went nuts making sure their eyes weren't
bad as a result. *He showed cartoons, had guests, and did some interviews
with the kids. *One of my fellow students was almost famous because he got
to be on the show. *I wish we had programs like that for the kids now..

Pam S.

I think the most hazardous children's show, at least from
a housewife's point of view, was "Winky Dink and You".
Winky Dink would get into trouble and the home audience would
help out by drawing bridges or ladders with crayon on a green
plastic sheet that stuck to the front of the television.
TVs in those days had flat glass windows that covered the
picture tubes. *If the kids mislayed the plastic sheet they
would draw right on the glass, which meant a lot of scrubbing
to get the crayon off the screen. *We didn't have a TV at the
time, so I had to go next door to see Winky Dink. *This was
about 1955.

Bud- Hide quoted text -

That sounds like it would have really been cool stuff to a kid. Early
interactive TV!

Sherry