Old October 7th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Default cat with an appetite

Some cats just don't know how to control their eating. I have one like
that. I would highly recommend getting all your cats on a twice per
day feeding schedule, about every 12 hours. They adjust to this very
easily and soon learn to eat their portions in a shorter amount of
time (15-20 minutes or so). You may need to put them in separate rooms
to make sure everyone gets their share (I do this).

You might also consider switching to a high-quality canned diet. It's
more satisfying than dry food and will help Ozzie feel more full for
longer. You can even add water to the wet food to "trick" him into
thinking he's getting more.