Old April 11th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Licky's back at vet today

wrote:
Despite about 2 months of giving him special c/d food, and not letting
him eat any more dry food, Licky still has some blood in his urine.
He doesn't appear to be straining - at least I haven't seen him going
in and out of the litterbox every 5 minutes, which is what happens when
he's straining. I know he has blood because I've been seeing the little
droplets of it on the bathroom floor.

So, he's back at you-know-where today, having yet another urinalysis.
If they can manage it, they will take a culture to see if there's an
infection. If they still can't find anything, I'll have to schedule an
ultrasound, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.

There's nothing scarier than urinary problems in a cat. It strikes me
that there is another Hill's that is made for clearing up UTIs, but I
can't think of the name offhand. You might want to ask your vet. C/d
generally just prevents urinary problems from developing; it doesn't
cure them.

Purrs that you find a solution and that Licky is much better soon.

Ginger-lyn