Old April 18th 20, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Need advice regarding kidney disease and non-regenerative anemia for feline

Laura Fenik wrote:

Hi Carol, thank you for your understanding. I'm so sorry for you in
the loss of your dear Daisy-chan. I empathize with how hard that was.

While Victoria's quality of life has diminished (particularly on some
days), she still has a lot of life in her and brightness in her eyes.
We don't want to cut her life short when there is still hope. I
understand that there may come a time when Victoria will become so
ill that we will need to consider letting her go for her sake. We've
not gotten to that point yet.

We had a wonderful day a few days ago with Victoria outside. She was
full of life, so happy to be outside, she rolled around on the ground
and nibbled at the grass. On her good days, Victoria is alert and
happy to be alive.

That day was a wonderful victory. Another victory is that in my
research, I found some suggestions to entice Victoria to eat. Top
food with nutritional yeast powder and grated parmesan cheese. Or
Native Pet's Bone Broth powder or Purina FortiFlora probiotic. I've
tried all of these with success on some days.

Thats good to hear Laura. Meantime, as our hearts healed over loss of
2 dogs (Cash and Iowna) and 1 cat (Daisy-chan) last year, we adopted
Mona and Luko (brother/sister cats, age 13) and are watching Prince
(Great Dane) while his owner is in the hospital with COVID positive
tests. He's not on a ventilator but he's neither better nor worse.

When we adopted Mona and Luko, we got some of that probiotic Purina
packets. Didn't seem to do anything with our cats but good to know it
seems to work for you and Victoria!