Old April 11th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Dealing with Terrorists (Nocturne Wins)

will she go in a covered box? if so you could get one of those way over
priced boxes i saw at Petsmart last week, was wooden with a bottonm
removable top and the 4 sides had diamond shapes cut out for the cat to
enter and leave, quite attractive but way too expensive, Lee, who lives your
pain
Enfilade wrote in message
We have had no choice but to concede to the Phantom Piddler.

Last month, Nocturne's peeing by the front door got well and truly out
of hand. Every day she peed the spot. Feliway did nothing. Herbal
spray did nothing. Tinfoil did nothing. Nothing could stop her.

(She went to the vet for extensive urology testing. There is nothing
physically wrong with her.)

She doesn't pee anywhere else on the floor if we keep soft things
(like clothes and rugs) off of it, but that ONE SPOT, she peed the
bare floor, right by the front door, 8 days in a row.

There was really only one thing to do.

We moved the litterbox out of the hall closet and put it right by the
front door, right over the pee spot.

And it's now been three weeks and not a SINGLE strike by the Phantom.
Nothing!

Sigh. It's gross having a litter box be the first thing visitors see
when they walk in. It's annoying not to be able to put shoes by the
door because the area is coopted by a litter box. It's frustrating to
realize that we just conceded to her unreasonable little demands.

On the other hand, it's great not cleaning up cat pee every day.

Nocturne wanted a litter box there. Nocturne demanded that it be so.
Nocturne committed acts of terrorism, and treated the spot as her own
personal toilet until we made it so.

Nocturne = 1 Humans = 0.

Sigh.

--Fil