Old March 3rd 05, 01:30 AM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

Second question: Wondering why our cat likes the taste
or smell of my Blistex lip balm so much. It makes him crazy. Though I

do
not let him eat it, he has tried many times to lick i toff of my lips.

He
does not do this with any other lip balme that we have had in the house.
Is it one specific ingredient? If so, what is it, and is it safe for

him?

I don't which ingredients are used in the balm. If you're not sure

whether
a product is safe for cats, a good rule of thumb is: "when in doubt, leave
it out".

Phil, haven't you known cats that love the scent of mint? I think
we talked about that here before. I use blistex and both of my cats
get in my face after I have put it on--and after I have brushed my
teeth, too. They put their little noses up in the air like "ahhhhh!
what smells gooooooood?"