Old February 18th 04, 04:30 AM
Cat Protector

It sounds to me that your husband and yourself need to exercise a little
patience here. Don't force yourselves on the cats and allow them to come to
you. You might also have your husband share in the duties of caring and
feeding the cats. You never said whether or not your husband likes cats. If
he doesn't then they can tell that and will resist. I would also look into
medical reasons as to why your cat might be acting this way. Some cats when
they have serious medical issues will lash out at humans.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"The Mrs" wrote in message
om...
I have a female calico that hates my husband! She loves me. She
enjoys cuddling with me and my oldest daughter. However, she is not
fond of my youngest and hates my husband. We adopted her and her
brother as kittens. They were from a feral mom. The male is fine for
the most part. He is choosy too but only about when he is held. The
female however, well, an example...
My husband went over and picked her up. She decided that she didn't
want to be held and started hissing and growling at him. When he
didn't let her down fast enough she started clawing and trying to bite
him. She hasn't always been like this and she will let him pet her
when she is "sleeping" so long as he doesn't lift her up. She will
even go out of her way - sometimes destroying whatever might be in her
path, to avoid him! I don't understand. He gives them treats and
tries to be nice. For the most part, I am the disciplinarian -not
him. It can take a day or so for them to come around after they have
been "punished" but they always do. Can anyone explain why this is
happening and perhaps suggest a solution? Sunday was the 3rd time she
really went after him and he is ready to get rid of her and I have to
agree - unless we can find a solution. The girls and I want to keep
her but I don't see how we can if we can't trust her. It is really
causing a rif in our home!
Sad & Depressed Mrs in OH