Old July 23rd 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Lucky-Rafa

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Rafa is Nadel's nickname and she got him just after Wimbledon, the
kids she looks after wanted to call him Lucky, so she decided on the
combination.

Ah, I see. KFC's previous name was Lucky, maybe I should have called
her Lucky-Kittyfarmcat ;-)

Tweed

She certainly seems to have a charmed life, I hope she's enjoying the
warmer weather we're getting now.

Although it's warm, we haven't had much sun this week. It's been grey and
overcast here. She really likes to soak up the rays so I'm hoping the
yellow thing in the sky will appear some time soon ;-)
I'm unwilling to let her have free access to outdoors now since she got
lost, so if the sun comes out while I'm at work she has to enjoy it on the
spare bedroom window sill.
I am experimenting with allowing her into the conservatory where the top of
the freezer is a favourite "soak up the rays" spot for them both, with a
blanket for added comfort of course. There is a small pane of glass missing
high up in there though, this is where Boyfriend used to come in to find
shelter when he was a lost kitty and exit at high speed out the same way if
I opened the kitchen door! If I can be sure she won't try and get out of
there - I don't think she will but I need to be certain so I will monitor -
it would be an ideal solution. I could leave the back door open into the
conservatory, Kitty could sunbathe in there and Boyfie could go in and out
of the house as he wishes.
At the moment I have to close up the house to keep KFC safe inside when I go
to work. If Boyfie is out at the time, he has to stay out until I come
home, if he is in, he has to stay in. Same at night, if he hasn't got back
from rat patrol at my bedtime and doesn't respond to my special whistle, he
has to stay out all night. Well, not exactly *out*"out" but languishing in
the conservatory all night is not quite the same as snuggling on the duvet
on the spare bed, is it? g

Tweed