Old July 6th 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default wildfire photos

On 2012-07-06 5:30 PM, Christina Websell wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:
These are extraordinary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us...tog/index.html

Meanwhile I find from another forum that volunteer firefighters in
the US *are not covered by any insurance*. Words ****in fail me...

That CAN'T be true! (Can it?) God knows our health care here leads a
great deal to be desired, but I can't believe the city or the municipality
does not cover them.

there are many firefighters here who volunteer, along with mountain rescue
who train their own dogs to find lost persons. Most lifeboat people are
also volunteers. they do not get a penny from it. They all risk their
lives to save others.

I'm sure there are volunteer firefighters in the US (there are in
Canada). There are companies that sell insurance for voluntary groups,
including volunteer firefighters. Even if the nearest town didn't pay
for the coverage, they probably donate towards the cost of insurance,
equipment etc, as do ordinary individuals.

--
Cheryl