Old May 26th 04, 05:57 AM
Sherry

Variations on cake mixes...

I like to put a can of drained peach slices on the bottom of a cake pan
then cover it with spice cake mix. Yummy.

One of my SILs chops up maraschino cherries and puts them in her angel
food cake mix.

Rob's sister made him a chinese checker board cake once. She used
different color life savors for the spaces, and gum drops for the marbles.

Pam S.

Good ideas. I was the cake-mix queen when I worked and the kids were growing
up. There's also a recipe I used to make for the kids, one cake mix, 1/2 cup
vegetable oil, 2 eggs. They're good, soft, quick cookies. I like using a lemon
cake mix.
Your peaches/spice cake mix sounds good...do you use a bundt pan? I wonder how
it would turn out with a yellow cake mix.

Sherry

Sherry